Archive for March, 2011

Netham Lock

Netham Lock was built between 1805 and 1807 when the construction of the New Cut and diversion of the River Avon along the Feeder Canal was carried out. The canal diverts water from the Avon into Bristol’s Floating Harbour.

Hanham Hall, Bristol

Hanham Hall, a Grade II* listed building with a 17th century core, is believed to have been built in 1655 by Richard Jones the son of a Bristol Draper. The house passed to a succession of owners who carried out extensive alterations during the 18th century.

Categories
Events
Excavations
Finds
Survey
Tags
ammunition bath bedminster blast furnace bristol bronze-age burial canal casting house ceramic chapel church civil war convent dwelling fort garden building gazebo glass furnace glass works hall house hogarth hospital industrial infirmary iron works jewellery maesteg medieval millerd's map monastic pit port post-medieval post hole prehistoric or roman priory public house railway road roman shipyard st james theatre timber